Manchester City fans might have been annoyed by Sergio Agüero’s injury absence after the striker broke a rib in a car crash in Amsterdam last month.
But it’s worth keeping in mind that the incident could have been so much worse.
Agüero himself reminded us of that fact in an interview with TyCSports on Wednesday.
“When I got to the hospital I asked the doctor if I could play for City on [this coming] Saturday. He said, ‘I don’t believe so’,” the Argentina striker said.
“I took a moment to think and realised it’s thanks to wearing a seat belt that I’m able to talk about this at all.”
— Manchester City (@ManCity) October 12, 2017
Agüero has since progressed quicker than expected, returning to light Manchester City training on Wednesday after missing out as Lionel Messi propelled Argentina to the World Cup during the international break.
The 29-year-old is not expected to be fit to face Stoke City on Saturday.